Air conditioner systems are among the best inventions humankind has ever created. Not only does it cool your area’s air, but it also gives you the kind of ease and comfort that’s needed for ultimate relaxation. Furthermore, having an AC unit around gives you many benefits, such as lesser chances of getting heatstroke. Since this machine frequently serves us, it’s just right to hire a professional air conditioning company in Malaysia to help you with your unit’s clean-up and maintenance.
But why is servicing your cooling system necessary? How often must I do it? Can I do service on my own? There are probably a thousand questions clouding your mind, and this article will answer all of them! So if you want to get the best information, read on below.
The Benefits of Servicing Your Air Conditioner
Clean up, and maintenance may seem like a daunting task, but doing so will actually benefit you in the long run. Here are the top reasons why it’s an excellent idea to consider servicing your AC!
- Regular aircon servicing will help you find and detect small problems that are happening inside your AC. Leaving such issues unfixed may lead to even bigger problems and costly expenses to fix them.
- Servicing your AC unit will help it perform at its best peak. You don’t need to deal with a unit that has a low cooling system because regular maintenance will ensure that your air conditioner is working as well as it should be.
- An air conditioner that is frequently serviced will reduce energy usage since its performance is always at its peak. A well-maintained unit running at full capacity will still cost less than having several fans on at once.
How Often Should I Service My Air Conditioner?
Even if you don’t think that your air conditioning unit has some problems, you still need to have it inspected and serviced at least once every 3 months. Doing so will ensure that it works at its maximum efficiency. Your unit will be ready to cool your house’s air during the months when you need it most.
As your air conditioning system operates, it tends to take in dust and dirt in vital areas such as condensing coils and air filters. When this happens, it can adversely affect its efficiency, which is why regular servicing is highly encouraged to home and business owners because if not checked, it can lead to even costlier repairs.
How Do I Service My AC?
Ever wondered how to service your air cond? Just take note of the following tips below, and you’re sure to help your cooling system reach its best peak!
- Change your conditioner’s air filter by merely locating your AC’s filter slot, take out the old filter, and put in the new one. However, be sure to refer to your manufacturer’s manual guide to check the filter’s type and size to purchase.
- Clean your unit’s evaporator coils with a soft brush and a no-rise coil cleaner. Ensure that you remove any dust and dirt that’s sticking in the coil. If you happen to be allergic to pollen, it’s good to wear a protective face mask to avoid any allergic reactions.
- By using some soap and water, clean your unit’s drain pan thoroughly. It’s also highly recommended to use bleach since it helps in disinfecting your AC’s drain pan. Just simply pour the solution into the drain, and that’s it!
- Be sure to wash the outer part of your AC unit and do needed cleaning to ensure no dust and dirt sticks to your cooling system.
Related Post: Mistakes to Avoid When Maintaining Your Aircon Unit
A well-serviced air conditioner is an efficient air conditioner which is why you should always take the time to have it checked every once in 3 months. The next time you plan on maintaining your unit, be sure to recheck this guide out for the tips you can implement in your AC.